Friday 24 September 2010

Friday 24th of September Day 24/ MCD 7

Breakfast:

½ c porridge oats, ½ c rice milk, ½ c water, 2 X 500ml water;

Lunch:

1 serving of rice salad, 2 X 500ml;

Dinner:

1 serving of lasagne, 500ml water;

Supper:

60 ml soya milk and 1 cup of coffee;

Recipes:

- Rice Salad (4 servings)

Ingredients:

200g brown rice, 2 peeled onions, 2 de-seeded bell peppers, 4 tomatoes, 3 Meat-Free sausages, 100g frozen peas, 100g frozen sweet corn, 2 pickled gherkins, salt, pepper, seasonings of your liking.

Method:

Steam and cool the rice finely slice sausages and vegetables.

Chill for 1 hour or over night.

- Lasagne (4 servings)

Ingredients:

9 lasagne sheets, 4 chopped onions, 1 chopped carrot, 2 chopped celery sticks, minced garlic, minced chillies, yeast extract, basil, nutmeg, salt, pepper, 300g Quorn mince,  2 X 400g chopped tomatoes, 500g plain soya yoghurt, Vegan Parmesano;

Method:

Gently dry fry onions, carrots, celery, mince and chilli till softening. Add mince and herbs and spices. Simmer for 10 minutes and add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes again.

Build up the lasagne mince mix, 3 lasagne sheets and repeat this twice more.

Bake in the oven, middle shelf, gas mark 6 for 40 minutes. Top with the soya yoghurt and bake another 20 minutes. Take out and dust with Vegan Parmesano. Serve hot.

Comments:

The Lasagne smells so good! My mouth is watering. I have been in to town to have a look at my first weight-loss goal treat… I will be having some nice finger nails put on. I was looking for a treat that has nothing to do with food. As far back as I can remember food was a treat in my life so I want to break that patter. What else? The weigh-in yet again on my mind but I am slowly chilling about it. Tomorrow I will start prepping for Sunday Lunch. I have invited my adopted mom and her lovely hubby round for lunch and I want to make it special and as hassle free as possible on Sunday so prepping is my saviour for this.

No comments: