Tuesday 21 September 2010

Monday 6th of September Day 6

Breakfast:

Banana Smoothie, 8 ice cubes, 2 X 500ml water;

Lunch:

1 serving of Oriental Rice salad, 2 X 500ml water, 1 apple, I coffee with soya milk;

Dinner:

1 serving of tricolore pasta, 1 serving of yellow split pea dhal, 1 serving of broccoli & cabbage subjee, 500ml water, 1 coffee with soya milk;

Supper:

Nothing;

Recipes:

-Oriental Rice Salad (4 serving)

Ingredients:

200g brown basmati rice, 2 spring onions, 2 bell peppers, 4 pickled onions,  1 tomato, season to taste with rice vinegar, parsley, mint sauce, chillies, black cumin, salt and pepper;

Method:

Steam rice for 1 hour, chop spring-and pickled onions, peppers, tomato. Mix together and chill overnight.

-Yellow Split Pea Dhal (4 serving)

Ingredients:

200g yellow split peas (soaked last night), 1 X 400g can of chopped tomatoes, chopped parsley, mild curry powder, salt & pepper to taste.

Method:

Add 5c water to the soaked peas and simmer till thickened. Add the tomatoes, parsley and seasoning. Serve hot.

-Broccoli & Cabbage Subjee (4 serving)

Ingredients:

Reserved broccoli stems and remaining cabbage, black cumin, salt & pepper to taste.

Method:

Slowly dry-fry the stems. Finely slice the cabbage and add to the stems with the seasoning. Add a little liquid to stop burning. Add reserved florets when the stems are cooked. Stir frequently. Serve hot.

Comments:

I feel a bit anxious today. I am not altogether sure why but I know it is food related. Breakfast was great and so was lunch. I have kept up with the water intake, so that is not it. I have finished prepping tomorrows dinner … I think the reason may lie there … with the corn bread. I think I messed up the ingredients for it resulting in too much mixture per person. I may let the kids eat this batch and make it fresh tomorrow. Man, I am so anxious and I can feel it churning like a whole load of butterflies in my chest and throat.

I had a thought. Maybe the two bananas are just not enough in the morning. Perhaps that is what is making me anxious and wanting to pick. Was a bit hungry today and had 2 coffees with soya milk and an apple. Booo!

No comments: