Wednesday 22 September 2010

Wednesday 22th of September Day 22/ MCD 5

Breakfast:

½ c porridge oats, ½ c rice milk, ½ c water, 1/2 c blueberries, 2 X 500ml water;

Lunch:

1 serving of potato salad, 2 X 500ml;

Dinner:

1 serving each of coleslaw, 2 Meat-Free Burgers, 10 oz potato, 2 chopped onions, minced garlic, 500ml water;

Supper:

60 ml soya milk and 1 cup of coffee;

Recipes:

-Coleslaw (4 servings)

Ingredients:

200g shredded red cabbage, 500g shredded white cabbage, 200g grated carrot, 120g grated apple, 100g grated pear, 60g grated parsnip, 2 finely chopped onions,  ½ c sultanas, 1 tsp lemon juice, a little apple vinegar, salt and pepper.

Method:

Mix together well and refrigerate for several hour or best over night.

Comments:

It is unbelievable how nervous I get when I think of next Thursday, the first weigh-in, measuring and photos. The photos won’t ever be nice to look at and I am not that fussed but the rest… I keep telling myself that they will just be numbers and not a judgement. Am I going crazy? Nope. I am not that lucky. Keep thinking HEALTHY EATING and WELLBEING. Stay focused girl. Don’t get sucked into the whole media-this is beautiful-crap. You just want to get healthy and happy! I think that will be my mantra for today…

‘Health and Happiness through Correct Single-Minded Focus’

No comments: