Tuesday 21 September 2010

Friday 17th of September Day 17

Breakfast:

½ c porridge oats, ½ c rice milk, 2 X 500ml water;

Lunch:

1 serving of rice salad, 2 X 500ml;

Dinner:

1 serving of Black Bean Stew, 1 serving of rice, 1 serving of cauliflower, 500ml water;

Supper:

60 ml soya milk and 1 cup of coffee;

Recipes:

-  Black Bean Stew with Rice and Cauliflower (2 servings)

Ingredients:

70 black beans, 2 sticks of celery chopped, 2 chopped onions, ¼ of peeled and chopped swede, 1 X 400g chopped tomatoes, 100g Quorn pieces, 450g cauliflower;

Method:

The black beans have been soaked overnight. Boil till tender. Gently dry fry the onions and swede with a little water till soft and add the tomatoes. Season and simmer. Add the cooked beans and mix well. Steam the rice and cauliflower and serve together, hot.

-  Blueberry & Apple Sauce Muffins (makes 12 small muffins)

Dry Ingredients:

20g egg-replacer, 160g/ 1c wholemeal self-raising flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp mixed spice;

Wet Ingredients:

½ c soya milk mixed with 1 tsp cider vinegar, ½ c cold water to be mixed with the egg-replacer, ¼ c apple sauce, 1 tbsp molasses, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 – 3 tbsp blueberries

Method:

Pre-heat oven to gas mark 4.

Mix all dry ingredients, except the egg-replace.

Mix all wet ingredients except the water which is to be beaten together with the egg-replacer.

Mix wet and dry ingredients quickly and fill 12 silicone muffin tins and bake on the middle shelf for about 50 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.

Comments:

The closer we come to the first weigh-in the more nervous I get. Will says I have definitely lost weight but I am not sure. I still feel as fat as before. But then, even when I was 11 stone 10 I still felt fat. Perhaps I am not the best person to judge that.

SLIP UP:

O heck! I hate the pre-menstrual few days. They play havoc with me and short of going to bed when it starts I really do not know what to do. Soooooooo… I ended up having 1 ½ slices of white bread, 1 go ahead apple biscuits pack (3), ½ c honey loops, ½ hard boiled egg and finally   4 ½  fat- & sugar-free blueberry & apple sauce muffins which I have made with my own fair hands today. Pity I also ate most of them, too. Well, a third of them. I need to find a different way to deal with these few pre-menstrual days. But to keep thing in prospective; I could have snacked on far worse. I could have snacked on chocs and chips and dairy and booze. Everything considered I think I have done well.

Lights, Camera, Action …. And after all… tomorrow is another day.

No comments: