Friday 1 October 2010

Friday 1st October Day 31/ MCD 14

Breakfast:

½ c porridge oats, ½ c rice milk, ½ c of water, 1 banana, 2 X 500ml water;

Lunch:

1 serving of rice salad, 1 apple, 2 X 500ml;

Dinner:

1 serving of Lasagne, 3 Oatie Carob Cookies, 500ml water;

Supper:

60 ml soya milk and 1 cup of coffee;

Recipes:

- Lasagne (4 servings)

Ingredients:

6 Lasagne sheets, 150g Quorn Mince, 450g mixed vegetables, ¼ swede chopped, 2 chopped onions, 1 chopped stick of celery;

Method:

Gently dry fry the mince and all the vegetables. Then build the lasagne and bake in the oven till done.

- Oatie Carob Cookies (makes 20 cookies)

Ingredients:

2/3 c spelt flour, 1 c rolled oats, 1/3 c brown sugar, 1 tbsp cold milled flax seed(linseed), 1 tbsp carob powder, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 ½ tsp egg replacer mixed with 3 tbsp cold water, ¼ c sweetened soya milk;

Method:

Mix the dry ingredients together. Mix the wet ingredients together. Combine the two and form 20 little cookies and place on a non-stick sheet and bake at Gas mark 4 for 10 minutes. Keep in an air tight container.

Comments:

I really enjoyed the lasagne and the Oatie carob cookies are real nice. My hubby rang from work and asked me to make some cookies because he was in need of a little pamper but a healthy one. I think these cookies hit the spot. Tomorrow evening my friend Nicky will be cooking the three course dinner. I wonder what she will be coming up with. I love our fortnightly cook-outs. So tomorrow I don't have to cook at all!

No comments: